Cover photo full
Wikipedia | Google | Google Images | FlickrChengyang is a special, covered bridge or ‘lángqiáo’ (廊桥), and one of several Fengyu Bridges in the local Dong Minority Region). It was completed in 1912. It has many other names including ‘Yongji Bridge’ (traditional Chinese: 永濟橋, simplified Chinese: 永济桥, pinyin: ‘Yǒng Jì Qiáo’) and ‘Panlong Bridge’ (traditional Chinese: 盤龍橋, simplified Chinese: 盘龙桥, pinyin: ‘Pán Lóng Qiáo’).
The bridge is a combination of bridge, corridor, veranda, and Chinese pavilion. It has two platforms (one at each end of the bridge), 3 piers, 3 spans, 5 pavilions, 19 verandas, and three floors. The piers are made of stone, the upper structures are mainly wooden, and the roof is covered with tiles. The bridge has wooden handrails on both sides.
The bridge has a total length of 64.4 meters (64 meter), and its corridor has a width of 3.4 meters (3.4 meter). The net height above the river is about 10 meters (10 meter).
The bridge is located in Chengyang, and serves as the link between two populous villages. As a result, there is substantial daily traffic on the bridge.
Do you see any omissions, errors or want to add information to this page? Sign up.
Author: bonz_jade. Last updated: Mar 26, 2015